Sunday, May 9, 2010

Homes of Hope birdhouse project

Here are some pics of the little "birdhouse" I did for the Homes of Hope project...












As part of their rehabilitation from substance abuses men are taught some basic building skills at a local center and this is one of the designs they use. Local artists are then called to decorate the all wooden structures and then they are auctioned off at a benefit dinner. I decided to make mine look like a beach house as the open window design of the house reminded me of a little cottage on the ocean or lake somewhere. I even sprinkled real sand over the base and added 3D embelishements like the seashell used as a light fixture, the moss as seaweed, and the little fabric curtains for the windows.
It was a fun little project and has inspired me to paint a series of building blocks for a castle out of the many wood blocks a friend gave me to do something with--and now I know what it is.....that is IF I can keep the box of blocks away from Scooter's gnawing habit-he's eyeing the box as if it's his own private stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment